Friday, December 3, 2010

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sweater: New York & Company

Top: Gifted (by Micayla!)

Denim: The Limited

Necklace: Amy Cornwell Designs

I always see button down shirts paired with sweaters in the store and love the look but can rarely stand to actually wear the combination in real life. Every time I try it I end up feeling either: 1. lumpy and bumpy or 2. all twisted up.

But I really wanted to pair this yellow sweater with this flowered top, so I sucked it up and made it work. It took me probably 15 minutes to get the top smoothed out under the sweater enough to not annoy me. That's way too much effort, in my opinion!

Is there a look you see in stores that you wish you were more comfortable wearing? Do you wear long sleeves under sweaters? How do you make it work? I'm open to suggestions!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Does that mean you have to smooth it for 15 minutes after every potty break? :)

I hear you. I like the look, but hate the fuss so I rarely wear it because it bugs me all day.

I love your yellow sweater!

Related Posts with Thumbnails