Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday, May 29, 2009

Sweater: New York & Company

Tank: Target

Jeans: Old Navy (diva skinny)

Scarf: Gift from Mom and Emily

Bracelets: New York & Company

Earrings: New York & Company

Wedges: Baker's Shoes

I have been on the hunt for a pair of skinny white jeans for the last several weeks. Kimberly of Fab Finds Under $50 did a post recently on white pants for the summer - including a pair of skinny white jeans from Old Navy! With that in mind, I headed to a near by ON after work yesterday.

They didn't have the white denim in the store (only online - boo!) but they were having an additional 50% all their clearance, including these super cute skinny gray jeans. I never really got into the colored denim trend but for $4 I thought I could give these a shot!

I'm in the office alone on Fridays so I thought I'd get a chance to clean a bit (which if you will recall, was my plan last Friday, too!). I paired the jeans with a tank top and then threw on the oversized sweater for modesty in case anyone happened to come in and also because it was a bit chilly out this morning.

I opted for the scarf over a necklace because the big sweater needed something bold to balance it out. The scarf was a gift last fall from my mom and my baby sister. I mentioned how I'd been looking high and low for a zebra print scarf with no luck. A few weeks later while on a family vacation to Florida we went to the mall and next thing I knew the two of them are grinning like the Cheshire Cat and handing me a shopping bag - TADA! My very own zebra print scarf. It makes me smile all day every time I wear it.

Do you have a favorite piece of clothing or an accessory that always makes you smile?

2 comments:

Boutique Girl said...

Lovely look - I love the wedges and the bargain jeans!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I'm liking your new fashion blog! :) I've been checking it out on my google reader regularly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails