Sunday, February 7, 2010

Friday, February 5, 2010

Top: New York & Company

Suit: The Limited

Belt: New York & Company

Tights: Merona

Booties: Payless Shoes

Bracelet: New York & Company

I had a job conference and fair to attend today. Of course, I've barely left the house all week and then the one day I have plans - it snows buckets. Go figure!

I wanted to dress professionally, but still with a bit of personality. The industry that was holding the event is young and creative, so I wanted to make myself stand out somewhat. But not too crazy, since it was business event.

I opted to pair a fun, statement top with my modern black suit. That way I had the option to play it straight with the suit coat all day or be more playful without it. I really wanted to wear pants, but I didn't want them to be all went dragging around in the snow, so a skirt and tights it was. Ditto for the shoes - not my first choice, but necessity is the Mother of Making-Do.

I didn't get a picture of it, but I wore my red winter coat over the whole thing and that totally made the outfit pop. I knew it was a good decision when the keynote speaker, whom I was most interested in meeting, turned up wearing a black and white graphic skirt paired with a red winter coat! Fashion made for a nice conversation starter and I feel like I made a good business connection there.

1 comment:

Brittany D'Lynne said...

Just discovered your site and thought I'd say hello. I love this outfit, especially the top picture with the belt. I bet it looked great with your red belt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails