Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sweater: The Limited

Top: New York & Company

Jeans: Express

Shoes: ?

Bracelets: Gifted

We had friends coming in for the weekend, so I had a ton of stuff to get done around town. Mostly clothes to get rid of after I purged my closet for the second time in less than three months. I've been feeling lately like I have too much that I just don't love and I needed to make my closet a little lighter so I can focus on the items that I do enjoy wearing. But that meant I had a mountain of stuff to get rid of and no real idea what to do with it. I gave some to my sister, some to a friend, some to Goodwill, and a few items to a consignment shop. Let me tell you, consignment stores are so frustrating - at least around here! I have visited four in the local area and still haven't really found a good place to sell my stuff. Three of them were very old lady-ish. I wouldn't buy a single item there, so I didn't expect I could sell my stuff there either. The fourth one was more teen oriented, so I could get rid of some of my Express and Old Navy items with little trouble. But there just really isn't a good place to get rid of Ann Taylor Loft, Banana Republic or The Limited items. Why isn't there a consignment store for stylish twenty somethings?

3 comments:

Keely said...

I had the same problem with consignment stores. Not real;y worth my time. I'll take ATL and Limited of your hands.;0)

Unknown said...

Love the floral top!

Maybe you should open a consignment store! You'd be great at that.

Shoeperwoman said...

We don't even HAVE any consignment stores here, so the options are pretty limited when it comes to getting rid of clothes. I love having a big clear-out, though - so cathartic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails