Sunday, October 4, 2009

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Dress: The Limited

Belt: The Limited

Bracelet: New York & Company

Shoes: Steve Madden

Can you tell that I am completely in love with this whole look? I am totally cheesing in this picture!

I bought this dress a few weeks ago during my 'back to work' shopping spree. I held off on wearing it while I looked for the perfect electric blue heels to go with it. I finally found them at Steve Madden when I fell head over heels (pun intended) for these, but found it difficult to swallow the $100 price tag! Practical Sara won out and I ended up buying them in basic black. Still killer fun, but much more practical!

They arrived last week but, alas, it has rained nearly every day since. I waited patiently for a rain-free day - these babies are suede and I was taking NO chances. Finally, nothing but blue skies in the forecast for Thursday. Jackpot! I was strutting the office halls like a catwalk and soaking up the compliments on my new lovelies, until.....(cue ominous music)....I heard thunder! WTH?! Thirty minutes left in the work day and suddenly it was raining cats and dogs. What's a fashionista to do?

Why, clean out her purse, stash those babies and make a barefoot break for it, of course! Professional? No. Sanitary? Not so much. Necessary? Absolutely.

5 comments:

Lesa said...

I really love all the colors in your last two blogs. I too have done the barefoot dash....know the feeling.

Cole said...

Oh, I've totally done the barefoot sprint! Good shoes must be safeguarded. :-)

Wistful Dreamer said...

I LOVE the shoes in black. Very classy!!

WickedThrifty said...

you and me both girl, on the prowl for some hot cobalt heels. *sigh*

K said...

LOVE the colors of this dress! I've done the barefoot thing a time too many but it helped me realize keeping a plain pair of flats in the office for just this purpose. That way you can make the mad dash to your car without ruining your beautiful shoes (LOVE). Just stash them back in the office the next morning when you come back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails