Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sweater: Express

Pants: The Limited

Bracelet: New York & Company

Shoes: Payless Shoes

Ever have one of those days where you have zero inspiration for getting dressed? That was me this morning. We are on our third straight day of rain and 40 degree weather. Um, hello, Mother Nature? Did you forget about Fall?

So of course I didn't want to wear a skirt. Or tights. Or a silk top. Or white. Or anything sheer. Or good shoes.

Which left me standing helpless in my closet as the minutes ticked down to walking out the door.

What's a girl to do? Wear the brightest color she owns, of course! As I've mentioned before, I am completely obsessed with this shade of blue. It's certainly a good pick me up for days like today.

And I busted out my 'sensible shoes'. Big square toe, chunky low heel - good for running through the rain, but clearly not my usual M.O. which was duly noted by half a dozen people in my office today. Seriously, six people mentioned my lack of killer shoes today! I had no idea they were paying that much attention to my footwear!

4 comments:

Cole said...

That color is FABULOUS on you!

Is that Lola or Ollie in the pic with you today?

Wistful Dreamer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wistful Dreamer said...

That top is the perfect color on you. There's nothing wrong with the shoes, your co-workers sound "charming".

WickedThrifty said...

cobalt is just the best. great sweater. i finally found myself some blue shoes! woohoo! that's funny that people actually notice your awesome shoes! and seriously, what happened to fall??

Related Posts with Thumbnails