Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Let them eat cake buy shoes



If God had wanted us to wear flats, He wouldn't have invented Manolo Blahnik.

- Alexandra Shulman

After my recent post on how many pairs of jeans the average girl owns, several people wondered how many pairs of shoes wear in the same gal's closet. I can't remember where I read it a few months ago (People Style? In Style?) but I think the average number was 27 pairs.

Once again, I am well above average. In fact, I have a rotating seasonal closet of shoes: the current season shoes stay in the master bedroom closet and the off-season shoes get moved to one of the guest room closets. At last count when we moved in three years ago, I had well over 75 pairs. While I purge regularly, the plethora of amazing choices in the last few seasons have probably pushed me into the triple digits recently.

What can I say? I just L.O.V.E. a pretty pair of shoes.

How many pairs do you own? Do you keep it in the single digits or could you give me a run for my money?

8 comments:

Classy Fab Sarah said...

I think I'm only in the double digits.... but I'm not positive about that!

Melissa said...

Oh, I know I'm only in the double digits because my husband wouldn't let me buy that many pairs of shoes!

But if I could...oh, I would...

And I always love your shoes!

Kristen said...

Last time I counted, I think I had about 45 pairs. :) So I make up in the lack of jeans with the abundance of shoes. :)

Anonymous said...

i own 1 pair of jeans under protest. but shoes...65 pair, housed in awesome shoe condos on wheels made from shoe organization cubbies to maximize space in my closet. all organized by heel height and color. it's a sickness and i love it :)

Keely said...

Ah. Shoes. There is nothing, material, that I love more. I think I've hit the 80s. I have recently cleaned out about 15 pair so I was close to 100.

K said...

The last time I counted it was 113...but of course it's been a while and I have gotten rid of some but I'm positive I've bought more than I could have gotten rid of...
It's a problem I'm not ashamed to admit I have :)

Sarah said...

I have about 30 pairs . . . but I am always looking for shoes. Maybe I will catch up with the rest of you one of these days!

Kimberly said...

Girl, I could totally give you a run for your money! :-) I have shoes EVERYWHERE!! 4 pairs at work, 10 pairs in my trunk (really need to clean those out), shoe wall in my closet room . . . all together probably around 140 pairs . . .

I did a big purge last summer, but I am a sucker for shoes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails