Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Top: New York & Company

Skirt: LOFT

Shoes: Steve Madden

Bracelet: New York & Company

Necklace: The Limited

Notice how my list up there says 'Necklace'? And how I'm actually not wearing one in the picture?

Yeah, about that. When I left the house this morning I was wearing my favorite necklace (the same one I wore here last Monday). I don't usually get all crazy over jewelry, but the minute I saw that big chunky black beauty, it was love at first sight. It's my #1 go to piece in my closet, clothes included. It just seems to go with everything.

So I'm rocking it today, in a meeting with my entire department - 40 people in a conference room, including the company's CPO (my boss's boss's boss). When suddenly, there is the sound of two dozen ginormous black beads hitting the table, hitting the chair and finally hitting floor. My beautiful necklace busted in half, leaving black pieces all over the floor and some strange white powder all over my black shirt. Can you say mortified? All I eyes turned in my direction, as I frantically grabbed for what was left of my necklace and began scrounging up beads off the floor (no small feat in a pencil skirt and four inch heels). Ugh. Guess everyone knows the new girl's name now, huh?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That sounds terribly mortifying. I'm so sorry! I'm sure you handled it with more poise and grace than you're giving yourself credit for.

Kimberly said...

Oh that sucks!!!! I've had that happen before, but thankfully not in front of such an audience. Super adorable skirt, lady!

Related Posts with Thumbnails