Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday, August 3, 2009


Top: Old Navy

Tank (not seen): New York & Company

Vest: Ann Taylor Loft

Capris: LEI

Sandals: Aldo

Necklaces: Free

Ring: The Limited

This look was inspired by one of my fave fashion bloggers, Kimberly over at Fab Finds Under $50. Each month she posts an Inspiration Calendar for those days when you just need a little help getting dressed.

I got this vest a few weeks ago at the ATL final clearance event ($4.98!). As soon as I saw it, I envisioned wearing it with shorts and a white tank top, which I did on vacation a few weeks ago (sorry, no picture!). But I was struggling with how to wear it to work since shorts aren't appropriate. When I saw the 'Blazer and Cropped Pants combo' on the August Inspiration Calendar, I immediately thought of this vest. I never would have put these two together without that little extra spark I got from the calendar. Thanks, Kimberly, for inspiring fashion bloggers every day!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Ahh, your welcome, sweetie! Love the vest and the fact you got it for less than the price of a combo meal is AWESOME!!!

WickedThrifty said...

nice! what a great steal in the vest- great interpretation of blazer for summer! love kimberly too!

Bianca C said...

I love the final sale at ATL. I never looked twice at vests before, but I grabbed one a couple of months ago for $8 and thought that was impressive. I LOVE a vest that was under $5 LOL!

Your outfit is too cute~! :-) And great interpretation of blazer/short pants. When I was interviewing last month, I found the vest to be a lifesaver, as my suit was too formal for Eastern Carolina. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails