Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tank: Gap

Skirt: The Limited

Belt: Came with a jacket from The Limited

Flower: New York & Company

Cuff: New York & Company

Shoes: Baker's Shoes

Today was the last day at my part time job, so of course I had to step up the style a bit. This tulip skirt is a step in a new direction for me. I'm more of a pencil skirt type of girl. Most tulip skirts are too puffy in the hip area to be flattering but this one sticks pretty close to pencil cut - just a tiny flair on the sides and in the front. And I am digging the pattern for going into fall. I see this getting a lot of wear over the coming months!

I was tempted to pile on the necklaces, but kept it simple by accessorizing with a flower, a la Kimberly's August Inspiration calendar. The flower keeps it nice and simple with the tank top.

5 comments:

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

LOVE that skirt.

WickedThrifty said...

love the flower! i've been wearing them in my hair, but i keep wanting to *try* the brooch at least. i like how you put it higher up on the strap like so. very nice. awesome bracelet.

Lesa said...

NY & CO. is the best, love botht he lower and the bracelet!

Kimberly said...

Super fantastic outfit!! Love the skirt and the addition of the flower!

Unknown said...

love this look! great choice with the flower over the necklaces ...sometimes less is more!

Related Posts with Thumbnails